What do I want to do? What don't I want?

I want...

1) I want to concentrate on illustration and type as image because I want my career choice to always be something that I enjoy and have a passion for, not something that I feel I have do just to get money like a chore.

2) I want to contact more and more illustrators who produce work that I admire and have a client list that I aspire to have, so that I can gain contacts and more knowledge in the area that I want to become established in.

3) I want to further my knowledge in design for print so that I can produce work of a professional level.

4) I want to develop skills and knowledge to enable me to set up a freelance practice because I truly believe this is the way of the working and the sort of independence that would make me happy.

5) I want and need to develop my photoshop and illustrator software skills because I believe this is necessary to develop my general design practice to an industry standard.

I do not want to...

1) I don't want to focus on web or interface design because I have no interest in it and it doesn't 'compliment' the things that I do want to concentrate on.

2) I do not want to develop/focus on motion graphics or storyboarding because I didn't particularly enjoy the process and I wouldn't ever seek a career in it.

3) I do not want to work on branding because the whole design process that you have to go through is not something that I enjoy or a way that I would choose to work.

4) I do not want to focus on type, layour, grids and publication design because I feel the basic knowledge that I already have will enable me to better my own work in terms of the overall layout but I could not imagine focusing on it as a full time career (i.e. publication layouts.)

5) I don't want to work towards being part of an inhouse design team because I prefer the independence of working on my own and having the option to contact other designers for feedback or input, but ultimately producing my part on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment