Type Workshop.

So far, I have found the type workshops with Graham quite interesting.
The first workshop was looking at the personality in typefaces i.e. the weight, the typeface and position. Although I did find it quite useful, everyone in the class seemed to do the same sort of thing so I personally found the second workshop more beneficial.

Playing around with how you read something:
We read left to right, so the challenge with the first set of images was to make the sentence 4,3,2,1 read - 1,2,3,4 without changing the order of the words.


I thought this simple one changing the weight of one typeface worked quite well, however the two and three don't have much difference.


I think this one works slightly better in terms of how you read it but I think the first example looks visually more interesting.


This is quite similar to the one above, but in my opinion it works slightly better how the words are still kept on a straight line.


With this I tried to challenge myself by only moving the position of the words and nothing else; I don't think it is very effective and looks quite bland.

The layout of this one is the same as the previous one but by changing the position of the words and weight, It seems to make it more successful.


Here, we were supposed to take a proverb and move the text around but still make it read in the correct order.
I'm not sure if the above example works, it works for me but I think that might just be because I have done it so I'm biased.


This one works better in my opinion, although it isn't very challenging because the words are still somewhat in order I think it is visually engaging and read correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment