Creative Partner -

Creative Partner -
Nichola Tiffany

Why have you chosen to work with your creative partner? What are your aims?
I have chosen to work with Nichola as I feel our strengths will complement each other; I am more image based whereas Nichola is more type based, I hope this means we can collaboratively create work that we wouldn't be able to do as successfully when working on our own. Another reason is that I know I can communicate well with Nichola in terms of cooperating on a brief and making joint decisions where I can sometimes be quite shy if I dont know the person well. Finally, we both had a similar concern that; we don't live in Leeds and we commute via public transport therefore we're both comfortable working at home equally as much as in the studio; the fact that we're now working together means that we know we can trust each other to do the work independently.

What specific areas of creative interest/focus do you want to explore during this brief?
Depending on what brief we chose - I aim to explore illustration; hand rendered and digital, typography, layout and hopefully photography. In addition to this I aim to look at ways something designed for print could work on screen i.e. like a static advert on a website etc.

What specific design skills do you have to offer?
- Image making.
- Crafting.
- Software / Technical compotance.
- Working with colour.
- Research

What specific non-design skills do you have to offer?
- Reliability.
- Enthusiasm.
- Dedication/Motivation.

What do you see your roles being in the creative partnership?
I assume my main role when it comes to working towards the resolution will be image making/illustration, depending on how we develop our work through the brief. I also see research as a large factor in every brief so I will be taking this into account aswell as idea generation etc.

What will your joint responsibilities be?
To decide on a brief, work together on idea generation and then divide the responsibilities equally for development work and make sure we both get the work done on time.

What problems can you identify with your creative partnership?
I understand the problem that could arise when working with friends as I may not want to be too critical over their work because i'd 'feel bad' but I'm like that with most people anyway, I tend to keep my opinions to myself. As I am quite stubborn/selfish and very independent, working with someone else and making joint decisions is difficult for me (as it is a lot of people, I'm sure) and In the end I may have a list of 'things I would have done differently' but as long as we communicate effectively and play to each others strengths, hopefully my list won't be too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment