Eyechart #1

Soo...my object that I got from the randomiser was a Biro. Quite a nice, simple, recognisible object.

I took a few photos to decide how I wanted the
pen (i.e. lid off...lid on top etc.)
I didn't spend long with lighting and things but I was
simply documenting the shape of a pen...

I created vectors of a couple of the pens...but as I mentioned in my research post, I thought I wanted to move away from vectorised images...but I tried it out anyway...but I'm not gonna use them...
From my photo of the pen with the lid on top, I created a few different compositions that I intend to print off and trace:

When I first did the above 2, I was a little dis-heartened as I thought 'is this all I can do?' but then I rotated the origina image and played around with it and was a lot happier with what I could do...

I think the examples above do still stick to the conventions of an eye chart in terms of scale etc. but they are a Lot more visually engaging than the first 2 layout examples.

However, after some deliberation...I decided the composition and layout below is the one that I will work with;

No comments:

Post a Comment