Musical choices...

After realising that I didn't like the music or think it was completely appropriate anymore, I went on to think about what music would be appropriate?
Taking into account my title sequence subject 'Top 10 Celebrity stories of 2009' I thought it would be more 'fitting' to use a track that was released in 2009 to give it more context.

From these, I listened to a few different songs and chose some that I thought might work and put them with my animation...

'Boom Boom Pow' - Black Eyed Peas
I chose this one mainly because it was such a well known track of 2009 and the beat might have worked with the animation...however...

...after putting it with the animation, I doesn't work as well as I expected - Its too 'hard'?

'Pencil Full of Lead' - Paolo Nutini
I chose this because its upbeat and therefore, goes with the tone of my title sequence.
I do think it works quite well, but its quite lyric heavy...and not all the lyrics are particularly appropriate; but I do think the last line 'Nothings gonna get me down' is fitting as the subject is about tabloid stories and celebrities always claim they won't 'let the stories get them down' (Jordan in particular...)


'Paparazzi' - Lady Gaga
Once again, another iconic track of 2009; The nature of the song - Paparazzi, fits well with the subject matter however I think the song worked better on paper in terms of lyrical content (See below video) etc, than in reality...it doesn't flow as well as I'd hope with the title sequence.

Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
We are the crowd
We're coming out
Got my flash on it's true
Need that picture of you
It's so magical
We'd be so fantastic, oh

Leather and jeans
Garage glamorous
Not sure what it means
But this photo of us
It don't have a price
Ready for those flashing lights
'Cause you know that baby I-

I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until you love me
Papa-Paparazzi
Baby there's no other superstar
You know that I'll be your-
Papa-Paparazzi

'Don't Stop' - InnerPartySystem
Not particularly a huge track of the year, but it was released in 2009. I really expected this to work with the title sequence because of the tempo and lyrics especially; in terms of lyrical content (See below video) I think this one works best, however...once again, I'm not sure about it as a whole.

InnerPartySystem - Don't Stop
The road I walk is paved in gold
To glorify my platinum soul
I'll buy my way to talk to God
So he can live with what I'm not.

The selfish blood runs through my vains
I gave up everything for fame
I am the life that you adore
I feed the rich and fuck the poor.

I got, you want
It's just, don't stop
I got, you want
It's just, don't stop.

This is entertainment
Lives are entertainment
You are down on your knees
Begging me for more.

'Kids' - MGMT
These were quite a big success in 2009, and this song was originally released in 2008 but it found more success in 2009. Admittedly, with the lyrics its not exactly relevant however the section of the song I have used has no lyrics, and overall, I think this probably works best with upbeat tempo, the melody is contemporary and recognisable and works with the pace of the title sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment