Crit Feedback...

At first, I was aprehensive about the crit...doing my usual, worrying that it would be 'wrong' (even though I wrote the brief...for myself) but once I got into it, it turned out to be really useful and definately opened up a lot of options/ideas.

My primary concern was that I had stated my audience was 'British, young men aged 15 - 29' and as I said in the crit, I know that all men are not the same...so in terms of humour and likes/dislikes etc., not all the same things will appeal to the whole are group. It became clear that I had actually already narrowed down my audience by saying my secondary research would come from sources such as Nuts, Front and FHM magazine...which all come under the catergory of 'Lads mags'.

The initial design I took to the crit was using the idea of word play to present a sense of humour;


As I briefly touched on, on the first sheet and I mentioned in the crit, Kleenex have a range of products (mainly just tissues in different shape and size boxes) but I could propose that they had other products such as Kitchen towel, toilet roll (which I believe they already have in other countries), this would then give me a wider scope for development in terms of a range of products as I wouldn't be stuck to just producing a set of the same thing.
It was then suggested from this, that I could develop the 'word play' idea and try to validate womens nagging - or at least make it humorous instead of creating a campaign that is just moaning about men or pointing out what they 'don't do'; as my intention is to persuade men to use Kleenex more, not to annoy them.

When it came to the digital side of things, I was thinking of quite basic things, i.e. web banner. Taking into account the 'gadget head' side of men and the current technology lead world that we live in an the fact that my intention is to promote the product in 'un-traditional' places to reach the target audience, I need to consider this side more. It was made clear in the crit that we don't actually have to do the ideas that we come up with - we can propose the idea and develop the visuals for them like fascias etc., so really, this means we should be as creative as we possibly can be.

Lots of ideas...Need to get them down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment