Morrisons...

On a 'routine trip' to Morrisons, I got out my phone and took photos of all the Kleenex products I could find.
It was just an average sized Morrisons and there were 9 different Kleenex products/packages. I think there may actually have been more as it looked like the smaller boxes needed restocking.

Average Kleenex tissue box;
Anti-viral tissues box;
Anti-viral tissues, handy packs;
Ultra soft tissues;
During my research I have read that, in this months Marie Claire and other similar magazines there will be a pop-up magazine insert to advertise the ultra-soft tissues; when you pull open up the folded leaflet, it pops-up as a life size tissue box with a sample inside it.

Original handy packs;
I believe the design on these packs change, whether it be seasonal or quartely etc. I'm not sure, but they do change, therefore it would be realistic and somewhat predictable to re-design this packaging, aimed at men.

Kids small tissue boxes;
Kids handy packs;
As I indentified early on; if the intention for a handy pack is for a man to carry it in his pocket, they are too big. Above is evidence that they have scaled down the tissue packets for children, so it isn't unrealistic to propose that they could do it for a man size packet.

'Mansize';

Apparently by making the packaging dark; grey, black and white, and calling them 'man size' this means they're manly tissues. I don't really think its a hugely effective idea; they're still quite 'decorative' and it doesn't really do anything to catch a mans attention.

On the back of the box, they suggest 3 uses for the tissues; Nose blowing, in the car and mopping spills. I think they could have exploited this idea more and incorporated humour to appeal to a younger male audience.

All in all, it is evident that there isn't much about the packaging to make it stand out from others on the shelf unless you're child, by just using images of Toy story, disney princess' or Hannah Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment