Criminal Damage type 1

After looking at some of the visual inspiration that the brand gave me, I initially started sketching type ideas based on type from vintage metal t-shirts.

Obviously the one below is based on Iron Maidens typeface.
I like the letterforms, I'm just not sure if the two seperate words work well together.


After vectorising them I tried a few different colours, none of these are what I see as being a final colourway or layout, its just experimentation.
Although I like the initial text - the block colour just didn't look right, so I tried to make them look more washed out or 'vintage' (in terms of quality) and I think they look immediatly better.
I prefer the ones below, without the black outline. The black outline looks too thick and cheap whereas by simply taking this away, I think the type looks better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment