Manchester Book fair layout

This was my first initial idea of what the book could be:




As I didn't want this to be 'long term' brief that I stressed out about for weeks, I made the decision that I didn't want to do a hard bound book, so for timescale this idea wasn't really feasible...I did an edition of hard bound books for Leeds book fair and it took far too long considering the amount I could really charge for it...because knowing that we're student people aren't going to pay loads.

So instead, I wanted to produce some sort of poster...but not just a poster, as I don't see that as a book...so I decided on a sort of poster book?

I'm not sure if the layouts below make sense to anyone else, but its to highlight the areas that will be different 'pages' with different quotes on them.





So I will use 5 quotes in total.

Quote 1 - On front cover - A6
Quote 2 - Page 2 - 21mm x 14.8mm
Quote 3 - Page 3 - 42mm x 14.8mm
Quote 4 - Page 4 - A3
Quote 5 - (Reverse) - Full fold out, A2

Considering its going to be A2 folded...it needs to be on a stock that folds well, but as its a double sided piece with a folder on the reverse it can't be too thin otherwise the ink will show through.
I also don't want it to be plain white stock, I want it to have some texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment